What to Expect
Here’s something important for you to know as you are getting ready to come, dress is casual here at OCEC. That doesn’t mean you can’t be more dressed up but it isn’t expected.
When you arrive at OCEC, you can expect to be greeted warmly at the main entrances by a member of our greeting team. They will be able to help you find your way to the main auditorium, which in church language is called the sanctuary, and direct you to the Welcome Center where volunteers can help you get familiar with our facility. Worship services take place in the sanctuary and there are other great things happening too. The Welcome Center volunteers will be happy to help you find the classrooms appropriate for your family and introduce you to the leaders of each department.
- Adult classes, some that focus on a book of the Bible and others which study a Biblical topic.
- Fun, age-appropriate, God-centered kid’s Bible classes.
- Middle and High School Students will find a great place to discover Biblical truth with their peers.
- Do you have an infant or toddler? Yes, they can enjoy playing in the Nursery.
We have two worship services, 9:00 and 10:45 each Sunday morning. They have many similarities and a few significant differences. Differences center around the style of worship singing. The 9:00 service has a blend of traditional and contemporary worship music and a choir while the 10:45 service has more of a “band” style worship team using contemporary worship music. Here are things that are similar:
- When you come into the sanctuary an usher will greet you and give you a bulletin. You will notice people visiting with each other as they find a place to sit. You can sit anywhere because we don’t have any “special” seating areas. Sit where you will be comfortable.
- We won’t embarrass you by asking you to stand and introduce yourself or wear a badge to indicate that you are new to OCEC.
- When it is time to start one of our pastors will head up to the platform and share a bit about some of the “happenings” in the OCEC family. We like to do things together so we talk about things to remember.
- Usually what happens next is that we worship God together through music. You don’t have to have a great voice to worship God so join in singing as you can and feel God’s pleasure in your worship.
- Sometime in the morning we’ll receive an offering. As our guest we don’t want you to feel pressured to put anything in the offering plate but you can if you want.
- One of our pastors, usually the Lead Pastor, will share a practical Bible-based message that helps people know more about God and how to live in our very complicated world.
- We always take time to pray during our worship services. Usually there is an opening and closing prayer as well as an extended time to talk with God someplace around the middle of the service.
There you have it. We will do our best to keep each of our worship services God-focused and uplifting so that when you leave you could sense that you had spent time not only with people but, most importantly, with God!
During the Week
We have several Bible studies (Growth Groups), Choir practice, Youth Groups and other regular events throughout the week. You can keep up to date on what’s happening at the church by visiting our Calendar page, OCEC Facebook page or signing up to receive our weekly OCEC Newsletter.